Cooking School/ French Peasant Bread
1 teaspoon dry yeast
1 cup warm water
½ Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1. Place yeast, water, sugar, and salt in warm bowl and stir until dissolved.
2. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until blended.
3. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4. Spread a good amount of vegetable oil on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the oiled cookie sheet with cornmeal.
5. Flour hands really well, remove dough from the bowl and place in 1 round on your prepared cookie sheet.
6. Let your beautiful round of dough rise 1 more hour. (But 45 minutes into this hour, preheat your oven!)
7. Preheat your oven for 425.
8. Brush top of dough round with melted butter.
9. Bake your beautiful round of dough for 10 MINUTES at 425 THEN TURN THE OVEN DOWN!!!!! Turn the oven down to 375 and cook an additional 15 minutes. Doing this one simple step will give your bread a crusty crust…and everyone will think you bought that beautiful round in France!
10. When golden brown on top, remove round from oven and brush again with butter. Serve warm.
- Cooking School
- Cooking Websites
- Foods Class
- No Sugar Cooking
- Sunday Dinner