December weeknights are tricky. You want something warm and yummy but you have no bandwidth, given that you are wrapping, baking, shopping, and doing who-knows-what-else all day. Here is the first of a few shortcuts I use.
Ravioli with Simmered Tomatoes
1. In medium saucepan add 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 small diced onion, and one clove garlic, minced.
2. Once garlic and onion are simmering, add one 14 oz call diced tomatoes, drained. (add two cans if you are feeding more than 4 people).
3. Let tomato and onion mixture simmer while you prepare raviolis.
1. Boil water in large pot, add 2 cups chicken broth.
2. Cook frozen raviolis (Costco sells high quality frozen ravioli). Raviolis are finished once they float to the top.
Spoon simmered tomatoes over cooked raviolis. Top with grated parmesan or pecoreno romano. Add crusty bread. Enjoy while you watch the snow fall.